Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click on a question in the list to read the answer or scroll down to read answers to all questions.
- How do I purchase a product?
- How do I create an account?
- What if I don't know my FEBT member number?
- How do I find the products I want?
- How do I checkout?
- How do I pay with my credit card?
- Why do you use PayPal?
- My discounts don't appear. How come?
- How do I purchase a product? - First, create an account or login if you have an account so we know who you are, where you live, your email address, and certain other information. Second, navigate through the store categories, subcategories and products to locate the product you want. Third, click "Add to Cart", adjusting the desired quantity as desired. Fourth, click one of the checkout options and provide the requested information.
- How do I create an account? - Click the login link at the top of the page or at the invitation for guests to login. You can create an account in the lower portion of the window that is displayed. Enter your name, address, email address and optionally your phone number and FEBT member number. Pick and enter a secure password, and confirm it. Be sure to enter your FEBT member number in order to receive the discount available only to members. Also enter your email format preference.
- What if I don't know my FEBT member number? - If you enter an FEBT number during account creation that doesn't match our database, a message is displayed suggesting you try again. Once your account is created, your FEBT membership status is automatically checked every time you login. A message is displayed if your membership has lapsed. If you have problems receiving your discount, contact the FEBT Company Store manager by clicking the Contact Us link.
- How do I find the products I want? - There are several ways to find the product(s) you want. First, there is a Categories box on the left side of each page. Click a category and a list of subcategories appears below and indented in the box. The subcategories also appear in the middle of the page. Continue clicking subcategories in the box or in the middle until a list of products appears in the center of the page. You can add products to the shopping cart from this list after you have entered a quantity. You can also click on the product title or image (if provided), and a full description of the product will appear. You can add the product to the shopping cart from the product description page as well.
You can also click on a new, featured or special item to go directly to that product's detailed description. If you click on the link at the top of the new, featured, or special side boxes, a list of all products in that group will appear.
Finally you can use the search box to enter a term and a list of products matching that keyword will appear.
- How do I checkout? - There are two ways to checkout if you have items in your cart. One way is to click "go to checkout". This initiates a three step process. First, a screen displays the shipping address and, for customers in the United States, the shipping charges for your order. The store only uses the USPS and sends your order to you using USPS method most appropriate to the contents of your order. Generally, the least expensive USPS option is chosen. Customers outside the United States must request a quote for shipping charges from the FEBT Company Store manager. Click on the "Click here for shipping quote" link to request and receive a shipping quote. Once you receive the quote, log back in and continue the checkout process, entering the shipping cost quote you received. See additional information by clicking the Shipping & Returns link. You are also given the option to ship to another address. You can use this feature to send a gift to someone for example. You can also add notes to the FEBT Company Store manager regarding your order.
Click "continue checkout" to move to second step where you select the method of payment. This page displays the order sub-total, discounts (if any), shipping charges, taxes(if any), and gives you a choice of payment option. Pick Check/Money Order if you want to mail your payment to the Store. Pick PayPal if you want to pay by credit card or with your PayPal account. Note: you do not need a PayPal account to pay for your order with a credit card. If you picked PayPal, you will be automatically taken to the PayPal site where you can choose to pay by credit card or your PayPal account. Enter the appropriate information, and click "Review and Continue". Review your information and click "Continue" to move to the third and final step of the checkout process. You will be returned to the FEBT Company Store site where you confirm your order.
The second method, available only to customers in the United States, is an "Express Checkout" in which you click on the "check out with PayPal" button displayed with the shopping cart. You will be taken directly to the PayPal site where you can view your order, shipping charges, discounts, and taxes (if any). You can choose to pay with a credit card or with a PayPal account as described above. When you click "Continue" on the PayPal site after reviewing your information, you will be returned to the FEBT Company Store site to confirm your order.
- How do I pay with my credit card? - Click the PayPal button during checkout. Then click the "Don't have a PayPal account?" link, enter the requested information including your credit card number and click the "Review and Continue" button. Note: you do not need a PayPal account to pay for your order with a credit card. Just be sure to click "Don't have a PayPal account?" link, even if you do. You may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. Review your information and click "Continue" to return to the FEBT Company Store site to confirm your order.
- Why do you use PayPal? - We use PayPal to process your credit card information for security purposes. In addition, the fees charged by PayPal per transaction for our organization are less expensive than other credit card processing firms. However, along with the security and lower fee benefits, comes a minor inconvenience...you are temporarily taken from the Company Store website to PayPal's website. This all happens automatically and is transparent to you the customer except for a slightly different page appearance when you are on PayPal's site. The entire process is secure and your information is protected through encryption and decryption techniques.
- My discounts don't appear. How come? - There are two discount types: (1) an FEBT member discount, and (2) a discount for purchasing more than a certain number of select products (quantity discounts). Discounts to your order are not displayed until you checkout and specify the payment method. Until then, your ordered product price and order sub-total do not reflect any discounts. If you did not receive an FEBT member discount and feel you should, did you miss a message when you logged in? Log out and then back in to see if any message appears. If you believe you should receive a member discount but did not, contact the FEBT Company Store manager by clicking the "Contact Us" link.